Infectoids Infectoids

This game feels rough. The visuals are nice and the mechanics are good for what they are,however, there is a bunch of questionable design choices made.

You need to introduce the mechanics of the game to the audience. There's no need to shove it down their throat but you need to introduce it to audience in some shape or form.

Why does the line that points to your curser not match your curved trajectory? I can get that you want the player to identify the relation between the mouse and the origin of the shot but still. The straight line implies no gravity.

Also you might wana change the game size or crop the background. The extra space on the sides just detracts from the visuals.

I get that this is a game jam game, but good fundamental design before working can make all the difference!

Hope this feedback helps!

Pinstripe: Chapter 1 Pinstripe: Chapter 1

I am in love with this! It's been a while since I've seen a game that has struck my sense of atmosphere. Love the art style. The music and voice acting needs balancing out here and there, but over all, this is a wholesome unique experience! Getting my debit card out now to get the full experience!

below the surface1 below the surface1

By all mechanical and visual standards, this aint exactly close to finished.

Tanks Battle Field Tanks Battle Field

Eh. The core mechanics work well and function how you'd imagine them to, however there is some questionable design choices throughout the entire game. Aim to make the objective of the game clear (don't over exert it tho, find a good balance). Also color coating allies and enemies would help, seeing that there is no or minimal visuals ques that indicate friends of foes.

Also to be entirely honest, this game is just kinda boring and bland. It lacks personality. Style or traits that set it apart from all the other tanks games. The art looks fine but I could not distinguish this from the other thousands of tank sims. Try experimenting! Do something different! Try a different visual style, Implant different types of mechanics that haven't been tried in this genre! Give it a soul!

ps. adding a visual to the preview art would make this way more appealing. Honestly thought this was going to be garbage just by the default NG preview

-TriXeL

PowerKnight responds:

Thanks TriXel. I see that all my problems are about visuals. That is because I am only a programmer and have no artist in my team.
1. I need to distinguish between teams clearly.
2. I need an aim system.
3. I need to put some more action in game, new mechanics.

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Madness Useless V2 Madness Useless V2

I know that this is a work in progress but I don't understand how this is a game. There is no real user interactions or mechanics besides choosing which death sequence to watch. Maybe this would fit better on the Movie Portal.

Small Planet Small Planet

I get that it's a game jam, but the core mechanics arent that interesting or even particularly fun. Also, the visuals/presentation is hella boring. The design of it isn't really evocative of that theme "small planet". Even with crude graphics and bad audio, the fundamental design of a game's mechanics can really carry a game. Usually when I do gamejams, I know that all aspects of my game is gonna be constrained, so it acts as a good exercise in design. "How can you make the most out of what you have?". Jams are always a good way of developing that. Hope this helps!

Me Me

The idea is cute but you dont develop the concept into something that's 3d dimensional. Interesting idea but not fully realized and implemented. Also the mechanics doesn't really serve the idea too well either. Nothin special about the 2d platform mechanic that ties into the idea you're trying to convey. The best harmony within a game is between narrative, mechanics, and its execution. Keep creating tho fam. Fine tuning takes lots of grinding.

Numistik Numistik

Really interesting concept! Makes for a fun relaxing puzzle. Really like the approach to the mechanics. Also enjoy the really chill sound and music. Wish there was a bit more kinesthetics to how objects move and react to their space. Side note: maybe more interesting art can make the came pop more and provided intrigue. Maybe like theming the visuals or something. Provided some context for the game. Mechanically tho, very interesting.

Billiard Snake Billiard Snake

Not a new concept. The sounds could have a higher bitrate (they sound very compressed). You executed the concept fairly well but didn't add anything new to it. Not bad but not memorable either. Keep creating fam.

Schrodincook Schrodincook

Im a part of PETA. I Donnot approve. AnimalAbuse/10. Fucc dis mysogenistical anti startbuck BS. Jk pretty funny. 4 a gamejam game, its aight. Actually rated it 3 sturs.

grandbrinus responds:

Man you stressed me so hard :0 :0
I dont talk about this game too much for not being PETA-ized.

Shhhh :D